- voice: 510.794.3666
- tty: 510.794.3672
- fax: 510.794.2409
Both juniors and seniors may apply to the Yearbook staff. The yearbook staff strives to create a quality publication that reflects the school's mission and activities. The Editor-in- Chief leads the staff in their creation of the yearbook. The students are empowered to assume the responsibility for the entire publishing process. The success of the staff depends heavily on the editor's leadership.
- To create a page-by-page ladder articulating content
- To design their own page layouts
- To comply with the determined editing/proofing system
- To meet production deadlines
- To review content for appropriateness, accuracy, organization, consistency according to theme, and for areas of sensitivity.
At the end of each year, feedback is obtained from the students about their experience as a Yearbook staff member. They consistently report that they truly felt empowered in this class to create their "own" publication. They say they learned to recognize their abilities and to work cooperatively as a team member. Many students say the sense of pride they feel could not be measured on any scale.