- voice: 510.794.3666
- tty: 510.794.3672
- fax: 510.794.2409
The Graphics Arts program offers a project-based curriculum that develops graphic design and production skills in a multiage team setting. Activities, projects and goals are designed to replicate real-world design problems. Students work in design groups to develop creative solutions for printing needs, packaging designs and video presentations.
- Creation and presentation of a digital portfolio of studio work.
- Use of problem-solving as a critical thinking process.
- Understanding of the uses and purposes of different graphics editing computer applications.
- Use of the language of graphics and art through written evaluations and American Sign Language presentations.
- Exhibition of work in a professional manner, in both print and on-line formats.
- Acquisition of lab and personal management skills.
- Awareness of professional and leisure opportunities in digital media.
- Understanding of the ethical and social implications of art and technology.
Students completing this program are well prepared to meet the rigorous challenges within the field of graphic arts.